*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Help please 2.4 Mk6 not starting, what are these two wires?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Help please 2.4 Mk6 not starting, what are these two wires?

Postby Mk6tipperboy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:17 pm

Hi everyone please help I don't know what these wires are for that are on the live.... Also the two loose wires the green/black and orange/black that are just hanging there next to the fuse box,
Thanks for any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mk6tipperboy

Re: Help please 2.4 Mk6 not starting, what are these two wir

Postby knobby1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:37 pm

Mk6tipperboy wrote:Hi everyone please help I don't know what these wires are for that are on the live.... Also the two loose wires the green/black and orange/black that are just hanging there next to the fuse box,
Thanks for any help!

The blue wires are connected to the glow plug fuseable link, which looks like it was blown. Can't help with the others I'm sorry.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mk6tipperboy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Mk6tipperboy wrote:Hi everyone please help I don't know what these wires are for that are on the live.... Also the two loose wires the green/black and orange/black that are just hanging there next to the fuse box,
Thanks for any help!

The blue wires are connected to the glow plug fuseable link, which looks like it was blown. Can't help with the others I'm sorry.

Lord Knobrot

Thank you Lord Knobrot for your help, is there any way I can find out what those two wires are?
Thanks again so much!!
Mk6tipperboy

Postby knobby1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 pm

Mk6tipperboy wrote:
knobby1 wrote:
Thanks for any help!

Lord Knobrot

Thank you Lord Knobrot for your help, is there any way I can find out what those two wires are?
Thanks again so much!!

You'll need to trace them back to where they start and end up. They're not standard fitment so it's anybodies guess.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits