*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 Sliding Door Lock sticky

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 Sliding Door Lock sticky

Postby OfficiallyColin » Tue May 07, 2024 2:08 pm

Seems to lock fine but struggles to unlock unless I give it a big of a twist.
New lock needed or will WD40 sort it? It almost seems like it’s skipped a cog and doesn’t push the handle far enough.

Video for reference.
https://youtube.com/shorts/VOlJcD9MCyk? ... dk4NGI3TXZ
I have no idea what the hell I’m doing.
2006 MK7 115 T350L
OfficiallyColin
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mk7 Sliding Door Lock sticky

Postby knobby1 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:47 pm

OfficiallyColin wrote:Seems to lock fine but struggles to unlock unless I give it a big of a twist.
New lock needed or will WD40 sort it? It almost seems like it’s skipped a cog and doesn’t push the handle far enough.

Video for reference.
https://youtube.com/shorts/VOlJcD9MCyk? ... dk4NGI3TXZ

Lock mechanism is getting tired. Try leaning your shoulder into the middle rear of the door from the outside when pushing the fob button...this will take the load off the mechanism and usually allows it to work.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Mk7 Sliding Door Lock sticky

Postby andz327 » Tue May 07, 2024 11:59 pm

Common fault and i have fooked about with mechanism in the past and its as little as 1-2mm of wear in certain parts of mechanism and repair doesn't last long until it happens again , unfortunately its around £400 for genuine but try TPUK I think they were doing new non genuine for £150 but make sure you ask for left side , for 2nd hand units it varies from about £60 to £200 but its like heaven once you fit a good yin.....no more embarrassing moments when trying to get customers parts oot the van or dents on the door where that certain bit of pressure used to get you in but steadily got more until dent removal required....

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits